Monthly Meeting at the Big Bear Airport Terminal Building
Second Tuesday of each Month
The Big Bear Airport Pilots Association is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to
- promote Social Activities for pilots and aviation enthusiasts of the Big Bear Airport
- establish and maintain a liaison between pilots and the Big Bear City Airport Board
of Directors and the Airport Staff
- preserve safe and efficient operation of the general aviation airport system to the
benefit of pilots and the community
- advance public understanding and interest in the beneficial use and utilization of
aviation through educational and charitable means
- support and expand General Aviation.
Activities of the association include a monthly safety meeting, a Young Eagles rally on the second Saturday of each month during the warm season and numerous social activities. Young Eagles is a program sponsored by the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) in which our members provide free airplane rides to anyone in the community between the ages of 8 and 17. There are at least three sponsored hangar parties during the summer and four or five organized “fly-ins” to other airports.
If you would like to find out more about the association, come to one of our monthly meetings or request a copy of our monthly newsletter. The newsletter includes articles on recent events and the activities calendar for the upcoming month. To request a copy, please contact Don Shade by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to have additional information about the Young Eagles program, please visit the website http://www.youngeagles.org/. To find out about the next Young Eagles rally in Big Bear, contact Roger Schmidt at email@example.com, or at 909 547-0832.
If you are not yet a member and would like join the BBAPA, please contact Don Shade firstname.lastname@example.org.